Although a lot of restrictions have been lifted, we still have a number of restrictions in place at the Sailing School. These are listed below and we ask all visitors and students visiting the Sailing School to familiarise themselves with such measures.
– Only 5 sailors plus the coach can take part at anyone time. Due to this restriction we are asking all sailors to prebook their lesson with Ruya via Whatsapp – +356 9930 7037. Message should include sailor’s name of the sailor, date and time of the lesson you wish to book. Ruya will only accept booking up to 3 days in advance. This is to ensure fairness in attendance. We will not accept any sailors showing up to a lesson if no booking has been made. Ruya will answer your Whatsapp with confirmation of the booking. If you can not attend, please inform Ruya as soon as possible, so someone else can take your place.
– Only single handed boats are permitted to sail. Unfortunately at the moment we can’t allow the RS Feva team or the RS Visions to sail, due to the social distancing rules. We are hoping this will change in the next few weeks.
– Pick up and Drop off point, in front of the club. Sailors are to be dropped off at the front of the RMYC and collected from the same point. Parents are not to enter the club or the slipway area. Sailors will then go straight to the slipway area to begin rigging.
– Sailors to wear masks, on shore AT ALL TIMES.
– When on shore, ALL sailors must maintain a social distance of 2 metres.
– Changing rooms and showers will be closed. Sailors are to arrive ready changed and leave in the clothes which they arrived in.
– Sailors temperature will be taken when arriving at the drop off point. Any sailor with a temperature of over 37.2c will be sent home.
– Sailors who miss lessons due to sickness, will be asked to provide a doctor’s note before returning to lessons.
– Sailors will be asked to bring enough drinking water, in their own reusable bottles, to last for the duration of the lesson. There will be no access to the drinking fountain in the office.
– Sailors will not be allowed to enter the sailing school office.
– No sharing of equipment. Sailors should ensure they have all the equipment they need for the lesson.
– The RMYC will have hand sanitiser dispensers situated around the club. All sailors should use these on arrival at the lesson and regularly while on shore time.